Friday, February 24, 2012

A big one!


Tomorrow morning I am running my first half-marathon in four years. First one since I had Asher. My nerves were doing okay until my running buddy, Chandre, emailed me this article from Runners World South Africa.  I am experiencing most of those symptoms now. AGH! Going to calmly go out with my mom and baby for lunch and errands. Ignoring the growing anxiety in my stomach. We are running the Deloitte Marathon(and Half-Marathon) in Pretoria tomorrow. Here's a site that tells you about it and below is a picture I found of the difficultly level of this route.WHAT?!!! We are crazy fools. I will tell you how it goes after we recooperate.
http://www.runnersguide.co.za/RacesInSa/Details.aspx?RaceNo=1500013064

I still need to make my playlist for the race, but I did get our energy goo/gu.
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/PFD201/?cc=VA

We will be taking Power Bar's Green Apple. All of it tastes like disgusting syrup, but it helps you get over that mid-way slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment