Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Deloitte Pretoria Half-Marathon

So friends we finished the race and no one died. There were several steep inclines after the 6km uphill battle which Chandre and I thought could've finished us off. The hill leading up to Pretoria Boys High School was especially cruel. However we persevered and finished strong. Our time was my personal best of 2:11.15 and considering I wasn't a faithful trainer(not sure how to be a faithful trainer with a baby in tow) I am very impressed with our time.  Also the PowerBar gu was great. Green Apple tasted better to me than the vanilla I tried the week before, but it all tastes like concentrated syrup to me anyhow.

Here are the happy runners below, at breakfast of course. I had french toast :)

Major shout outs go to our friends Brandon, Stefan and Karabo who ran the full marathon. Brandon and Karabo are training for the Comrades(the most intense race I have ever heard of in my life), click if you dare.
 
Next race is the RunJozi Race in downtown Joburg. Details here. How awesome! We, as the people of Johannesburg, are taking back the streets and running where they say you can't(mainly because you could be mugged or killed, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment