Thursday, January 24, 2013

One Thousand things to be thankful for

My mom recommended this book to me a while ago(over a year ago I think). As with most things moms recommend, I filed it away in my brain and forgot about it. Why do we do that? I know my kids will do that too. Sorry mom for doing that. You have much wisdom to bestow on me. Another friend actually passed it on to me late last year after she finished it as well. The book is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I am sure most of the planet has heard of it by now, the western half anyhow. I went to Ann's website and can tell it has been a hit because you can get the journal, the app, the book, etc., etc.

The thing I really am enjoying about this book is the simplicity with which she tackles subjects like suffering, thankfulness, experiencing God's presence; to name a few. She uses personal life examples on each chapter subject she engages and brings it back to God's word in a unique way.  If you haven't picked it up yet, then get yourself a copy. I put it in my Amazon list to the right so you can click and choose how you would like to get it. I am sure it is in your local Christian book store( I did see a bunch of copies at CUM here in Jozi). You can also check her website out here. She posts things on her blog a few times a week as well. Always encouraging and fresh words when I often need them most. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment