Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Meet the Viljoens

I decided to start a blog of stories about our family and ministry in South Africa. This will be a hodge-podge of things. I have been so inspired by all the blogs lately that I am getting creative and making my own. I needed to completely change blog sites to feel free to post whatever I wanted to. Is that wierd? Anyone else out there ever feel that way? Letters from Jozi is the title because my family lives in Johannesburg, South Africa. We are a mixture of people as well. My husband(Jeffrey) is South African and I(Kristin) am American. My husband's cousin (Casey, 13) lives with us and we are currently in the process of adopting her(very near the end actually, just waiting for the courts to finalize it for us, soon we hope). This past March we had our first biological child, Asher who is currently 5 months old. So you can expect family pics and updates and lots of questions for the experienced moms out there. Please feel free to comment. I know we all have lots of questions for each other.

On that note I would love to include a family photo of us, but we don't have one. My husband is promising one this week. Hopefully I can upload it soon and maybe replace this current pic of the beautiful Joburg skyline. :) In the meantime, here's the crew. Meet the Viljoen(pronounced Phil-yoon for the Americans) family.



Coming soon: Asher gets his U.S. Citizenship.

1 comment: