Thursday, September 22, 2011

POPCORN!!

I love popcorn. My college roomies will remember a fateful night in Charlotte when I disdainfully tossed aside a bag of pre-made popcorn because it wasn't fresh (hehe). Since I moved to South Africa, I have embraced home-made popcorn and highly prefer it now to the store bought(and much more expensive here) buttered stuff. One of my loving friends, Liz, calls me Popcorn, that's how often I make it. It is my go-to snack any time of day and I feel like I need a bowl for any movie(or series) I may be watching via my laptop.

When Jeff and I were home in 2009 raising support, we visited some friends up in Denver, NC. Her mom introduced me to one of my now favorite culinary items, the Whirley Pop. As I have become a popcorn snob(can you be one of those? Emily and Emmy don't asnwer that), I have often looked for a good pot to pop my snack in and the Whirley Pop is my personal favorite. I love that my popcorn comes in it's own pot now and clean up is so easy, the lid pops right off. There is a crank on the side so as it is popping, you can turn the crank ensuring almost all of the kernels pop.

I was not allowed to bring one back in 2009 cause we had other precious things we wanted to bring over to our home in South Africa. However, some friends came in 2010 and they lovingly toted along our brand-new Whirley Pop pot with them. Here's the website if you're interested http://www.wabashvalley.com or go to Amazon, that's where I ordered mine. Happy popping!
Our Whirley Pop

Yummy! Time to catch up on Glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment