Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A little competition

I am not a proponent of pushing your child into loads of competitions and being a show mom, though I love acting and performing on stage myself. Asher will be his own man regarding those things. However, we saw this fun and free photo competition about a month ago, the prizes included a four day family getaway at a game lodge. Our family could use a getaway, so I thought it would be fun and harmless. A photographer took some shots of Asher and then we chose one to enter into the competition. Here's the shot we chose.

He looks like a newsie ready to sell papers on the corner
After that we waited until 5 November for the prize-giving day, which came and of course we showed up late to it. We arrived at the shopping where loads of parents and their babies(aged 0-24 months) were waiting to hear the news. As we walked in I found myself nervous and hoping Asher would win something. You want your kid to do well and achieve things on their own and of course you want everyone to think your little people are cute and likable, etc.  So we walked in and I was nervous and as I saw all the other kids(who were all sooo adorable), I saw other nervous parents standing anxiously awaiting the news as well. Then I realized we were all in the same boat. Shrugged off any more nerves and waited to hear the news. Of course we got there a bit later than expected(happens all the time and yet I still think this time will be different, we will leave and arrive on time and it never happens that way) but as we walked in I saw our cousin with his little boy, also eagerly awaiting news. Then I hear Asher won something and of course because of our tardiness we missed his big moment.

I walked up to the front with him and we were able to claim his prize.  Asher came second in his baby category(0-6months) and we got a gift certificate to a nice restaurant, which was great as we love to eat out and Primi Piatti is a favored place of ours. Here's our winner's picture. It looks like Asher is kissing my cheek. Sweet boy. Overall the experience was fun and we got some cute professional pictures plus a nice meal out from it all. 

P.S.On the facebook competition page where you had to like the baby's photo to vote, the kid who won had 898 likes. Good night! By far the winner of the free birthday party prize for sure.

Asher's next appearance is in our old church's annual Bethlehem day in December. He'll be playing baby Jesus. Haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment