Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Birthday/Anniversary!

     My loving husband organized for my friends and family to join us at my favorite restaurant, Doppio Zero, for a birthday celebration. We had a great time and laughed a lot. We left Asher home with his second cousin, Connor, and two babysitters. The boys were going to sleep at 7 and 8 respectively so all would be quiet when we arrived home. So at the restaurant we enjoyed good food and good friends.



I blew out the candle on a slice of cake :).

     We came back to our house with our cousins, Dylan and Andrea to collect our boys and say goodnight. Upon arrival both boys were up and about having a great time with the babysitters. This is at 10:30 at night. My first thought was that something was terribly wrong. Apparently, Connor and Asher were too excited to be with each other that they simply refused to sleep. GREAT! Anyway, our cousins took their little guy home and dropped off our babysitters back at campus(across the road). As soon as they dropped the girls off, Andrea says Connor dropped off to sleep. Asher as well, as soon as all the excitement left our house, he was sleeping fast. What a crazy night for these two little guys! Unfortunately for me, Asher was up at 6 a.m.

So here is my much needed answer for the early riser(coffee, for me not him) 

     This brings us to Jeff and my 4 year Wedding Anniversary. Yes, we got married the day after my birthday(which I was quick to point out was a completely separate occasion than a birthday). This year's gifts were fruit/flowers. Seems odd to me, but we exchanged nectarines from our fruit bin in the fridge and went out for a lovely breakfast at one of our favorite breakfast spots, Mugg and Bean.

     My mom, Ouma, stayed home with Asher as we strolled the mall doing what married couples and parents do on such occasions; pricing christmas gifts and looking at cool electronic gadgets we would love to own(well not TRULY love, but things our hearts momentarily desire). After that fun and new pair of running tights for me(thanks babe!) we returned home to a happy boy and Ouma.

         Casey lovingly spoiled us for dinner by making her specialty, meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
She likes the part where she can use her hands to do the mixing :)  We had a lovely finish to a few days of celebrations. I am a very blessed woman and am so thankful to my Father for making it all possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment